ProMediaGear Katana Gimbal Head. This listing is for GREEN version of the Katana. See pictures above.
For long, we have been driven to create something revolutionary. The Katana Gimbal is the result of not copying but innovating from grounds up. It looks, operates, and consists of materials that are not the result of cost cutting but those that are the finest available. It operates smoothly even with the heaviest and most expensive lenses. Imagine all day shooting with a super telephoto lens without getting tired.
The Katana Gimbal Head provides ultra smooth movement and stable support for even the longest telephoto lenses. The ProMediaGear Katana is capable of supporting up to 150 lbs of equipment and features an Arca-Type cradle attachment. Separate locking and adjustment mechanisms allow friction adjustment without instability. Camera and lens positions can be adjusted smoothly with one hand and a balanced position maintained without tightening.
The Katana is made of hard anodized, scratch-resistant 6061 aluminum alloy and CNC precision machined parts in the USA. Maintenance free, designed with weather-sealed ball bearings, enables the head’s smooth movements. The Katana also features over-sized knobs for ease of operation.
- Smooth panning and tight locking mechanism (separate from assembly mounts), adjust the friction without parts coming apart
- Arca-Swiss type compatible lens mount
- Hard anodized scratch resistant finish
- Sealed Maintenance Free Ball Bearings
- Over sized knobs
- Lightweight aircraft quality aluminum
- CNC Precision machined parts
- 5-year warranty
- Made in USA
- Length: 9.5 inches
- Width: 2.25 inches
- Height: 13 inches
- Weight: 5 pounds
- Load Capacity: 150 lbs (68 KG)
- Mount Thread: 3/8''-16
(1) GK Katana Gimbal Head with Arca Type Clamp
• 5 year warranty
• Made in the U.S.A.
|Configure the Katana Gimbal with Double Flash mount for those occasions where extra flash power is needed.|
|Mounting camera directly to the gimbal (instead of mounting lens to gimbal)|
Items or actions needed:
- Need an additional C60 or other Arca-Type Clamp with 1/4-20 mount.
- Attach it to the underside of the Katana Cradle
- Mount the cradle upside down onto Katana
- Use a C60 to mount the camera
Why the C60 clamp is needed?
Because the standard mount on Katana is for lenses and runs perpendicular to the camera type mounts. The C60 will allow you to rotate your camera 90 degrees.
|In the example on the left we have mounted a camera with a PX7 plate into the Katana Cradle Clamp. |
Then on top of the plate we mounted C60 Clamp to be able to clamp onto Arca Type Camera Plate.